retina macbook pro?
  • hi. so, what do y'all think of the new retina macbook pro? is it worth the extra money right now? is this the direction all laptops will be heading in the future? can we run programs normally on this display, or would we be paying tons of extra money for wonky-looking programs?

i'm hoping a new computer is within my 6-month plan...just don't know if i want to blow that kind of loot. honestly, i don't do anything graphics-heavy except for a little bit of design work and watching movies (and i'm assuming i'd have to buy an external drive for that).
  • i can't answer any of your questions - but i am not looking forward to having to convert everything to the new HD web!

Also, i want one!
  • what do y'all think of the new retina macbook pro? That's neat. The asymmetrical fan is pretty clever.

is it worth the extra money right now? Not in my opinion. But I'm also hoping my laptop lasts a few more years.

is this the direction all laptops will be heading in the future? In terms of being smaller, faster, better displays, definitely yes. In terms of being comprised of a few complex, non-standard parts, hopefully not.

can we run programs normally on this display, or would we be paying tons of extra money for wonky-looking programs? I would imagine they wouldn't be selling it if the OS didn't handle the resolution. All programs should run fine...or they would have a whole lot of egg on their face.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged